Adults are expected to be more advantageous than children with years of education and experience. Let’s take the situation where children are better than adults. Let’s assume that you are a magician, if your life was dependent on fooling an audience of adults and children, which audience would you choose? Most of us would call it kids. In fact, it is more difficult to cheat children.
Alex Stone, an advanced physicist, has dedicated his life to magic. Most of Stone’s tricks include the ‘double lift-double lift’ method. This method, which the wizard pretends to show a single card and takes two cards in hand, and actually shows the second card to the audience, is the most used method. Thus, the wizard shows your card at the top of the deck, then pretends to hide it in the deck, puts it at the top again and takes the first two cards together and shows the second row card. Then he pretends to find your card inside the deck and shows it. Stone says this is very believable. However, he adds that he was caught children many times while doing this trick.
So why do you think it is more difficult to cheat children? Here are Stone’s thoughts:
1) “There is no connection between intelligence and purity and easy deceit.”
2) “It is more difficult for children to be deceived because their attention is more diffused.”
3) “Children do not give premiums to dogma”. Magic also reaches the result by making you turn your expectations back with assumptions. When you pretend to shuffle the deck of cards, they don’t even realize whether you’re really shuffling. ”
4) ” Children are curious. ” According to the experience of ‘Stone’, adults try to find the mistake in cheating, children try to understand how that trick works because they are always trying to understand the world.
5) ” In many subjects, children have more brilliant intelligence than adults. ” ‘As we get older, we perceptually regress. Our awareness decreases after the age of 18. That’s why children can really notice the difference in thickness of a single card and two cards combined, “says Stone.
6) ” Children don’t think too much about cheating. ” ” Adults try to find out why all the time. However, cheating is quite simple. But people find unreasonable explanations. They say, “You hypnotized me!” They do not want to understand the fact that you have made them accept the card. “